Athletic Department Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child(ren) will be attending Tomball Memorial High School next semester/school year; what are the steps for participation?
Answer:After your student has been enrolled on our campus, meet with your student’s counselor and have the appropriate athletics period on their schedule. Then download and complete the Sports Physical Packet and the Previous Athletic Participation Form. For those interested in participating on the football team; please come by the Athletic Office room 1700 to meet with the Head Coach and get a team handbook. Also, for students interested in football, a parents meeting is usually held in March so check back for details.
2. I need to contact my student-athletes coach; who do I call?
Answer:You can locate your child's coach under Athletics - Athletic Teams -Sport, Staff listing.
3. What equipment or uniform attire does my student-athlete need for their sports?
Answer:All equipment, practice gear, and team uniforms are provided by the Athletic Department. All issued items must be returned at the end of the school year.
4. Where can I find my student-athletes team schedule?
Answer:Please visit the TMHS Athletics Home Page or the specific sports page for team schedules.
5. Where is my student-athlete playing tonight?
Answer:Please visit the TMHS Athletics Home Page or the specific sports page for team schedules. We do not keep a list of away addresses or directions on campus.
6. My student-athlete is home sick what will I need to do when they return?
Answer:The Athletic Department has a similar policy to the TMHS campus policy regarding absences. A signed doctor’s note will need to be brought to the Athletic Trainer. Any special instructions from the doctor that are included in the note will be followed by the trainers for the health and safety of your student-athlete.
7. When does my student-athlete leave for the away game?
Answer:All departure times are determined by the head coach. Each head coach gives plenty of notice to student-athletes about away game departures and estimated arrival times; it is the student-athletes responsibility to relay that information home to their parent(s).
8. What happens if my student-athlete is injured during practice or game?
Answer:Our Athletic Trainers are licensed professionals. All suspected injuries will be evaluated in our facility by our trainers who will communicate with parents and coaches; and students will be referred to a physician as necessary.
9. Is there an admission fee for games?
Varsity Football Tickets Sales
Individual Reserve $7
at the gate $8
Sub Varsity Football and All Other Sports (no pre-sales)
Ticket gates open approximately 30 minutes before each game.
*Employees must have badge to enter at no charge.
10. I want to bring my student-athlete home from an away game; what are the procedures?
Answer:Student-athletes must travel to and from away games with the team.
11. Are their summer camps offered for student-athletes and siblings?
Answer:Yes. We offer a variety of camps for student-athletes enrolled with Tomball ISD. Information about camps offered is available in the spring.
12. Is your campus affiliated with club sports or leagues in the area?
Answer:No we are not affiliated with any clubs; and we do not support, provide or maintain information about those programs on our campus.