Tomball Memorial High School

Skip to main content
District Home


Frequently Asked Questions:


What are the school hours for TMHS?

The school day for students is from 7:40 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. The first bell rings at 7:34 a.m.
















          A Lunch







          B lunch









         C lunch















Can I drop off food to my student?

TMHS is a closed campus for lunch. Food may be brought only by a student’s parent and must be left at the front desk for student to pick up.  The Front Desk WILL NOT send for the student AND is NOT RESPONSIBLE  for monitoring who takes the food.

****Students MAY NOT order food to be delivered from outside vendors for lunch. Only parents may deliver food for their OWN students only.****



Where do I drop off forgotten items? How can I get a message to my student?

  • Only messages of an emergency nature from a parent will be relayed directly to students.
  • Messages and deliveries of a personal nature can be left at a table in the front office for student pick up.
  • We encourage parents to plan ahead with their children for unusual weather conditions or other situations that would alter the method by which children return home.
  • Please direct any changes in transportation to the front desk at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the school day.

**Do not rely on a fax, email, or voice mail




I need my student to leave early, what is the correct procedure to follow?

  • Student must bring a signed parent note to their alpha principal’s office upon arriving to school.
  • Alpha principal’s secretary will give the student a temporary pass which will allow the student to be dismissed from class five minutes prior to the pick-up time indicated on the parent note.
  • Student will return to alpha principal’s office and sign out and receive a yellow dismissal pass.  The dismissal pass is left with the receptionist upon student’s exit from building. 

        *A signed fax is acceptable. Emails ARE NOT accepted.



My student will be or has been absent, what do I need to do?

If a student will be absent, the parent or legal guardian should call his/her student’s alpha principal with the student’s name and reason for absence. Do not email the teachers.

  • The alpha principal’s office must receive a written confirmation of the absence signed by the parent or legal guardian within 2 days of the absence or written confirmation from a physician’s office within 5 days of the absence in order for a student to not be considered truant.
  • Students should drop off their absence note upon arrival to school to their alpha principal’s office.
  • Students arriving late to school are considered tardy with the exception of a late school bus. 

    *Absence notes must be signed by parent, legal guardian or physician’s office; therefore, e-mails are not accepted.

      Refer to the Student Handbook for more detailed information regarding absences and tardies.



I need to request homework for my student that has been absent, who do I contact for that?

  As stated in the TISD Handbook, school work missed due to short-term absences (3 days or less) may be made up after the student is well and returns to school. Parents may request make up work resulting from extended absences by calling reception at 281-357-3230 ext. 1000 after the 3rd day of absence. 

Requests for assignments received by 10:00 AM will be ready the next school day for pick up. No make-up work will be issued prior to an absence.  It is preferable that a parent pick up assignments.



My student needs a VOE. Who do I ask for that? What about Parking Permits?

A VOE (Verification of Enrollment) can be obtained from the Front Desk or by calling 281-357-3230 ext. 1000.

Parking Permit packets may also be found at the front desk. Permits may be purchased everyday before and after school in Office 1209.



What is the Cell Phone Policy for TMHS? as per page 29 of the 2016-2017 TISD Handbook of Student Code of Conduct:

   * Cell phones shall remain silenced at all times.

   * Cell phones may be used during class for instructional purposes and in accordance with each teacher’s guidelines. Please note that       teachers may choose to prohibit cell phone use in their classrooms.

   * Cell phones may be used before and after school, between class periods, and during lunch as long as students follow TISD              acceptable use guidelines.

The use of mobile telephones or any device capable of capturing images is strictly prohibited in locker rooms or restroom areas while at school or at school-related or school-sponsored event. If a student uses a telecommunications device in a manner that violates the guidelines established in the TISD Technology Resources Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy or violates a classroom teacher’s guidelines the device will be confiscated. The student or parent may pick up the confiscated telecommunications device from the principal’s office and may be charged a fee of $15.



What is the Dress Code at TMHS?

Please see DRESS AND GROOMING in the TISD Handbook of Student Code of Conduct pages 27 – 29



The District’s dress code is reflective of community standards and is established to promote school-appropriate attire, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:

  1. Shoes are to be worn at all times. For safety purposes, shoes with wheels and house shoes are not allowed.
  2. Students’ dress and grooming should be neat and appropriate for their age group and school activities.
  3. Clothing is to be modest and conform to the standards established for appropriate school attire. Pajamas are not appropriate. Students are to wear appropriate under-garments. A modest appearance must be maintained when standing, seated, or bending.
  4. Hair should be clean and neatly groomed. It should not cover the eyes or be colored or styled in any way that is distracting to the learning environment.
  5. Curlers are not acceptable.
  6. Male students must be clean shaven. Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe. Hair length should not extend below the bottom of a dress collar or the top of a t- shirt.
  7. Faces are not to be covered (including face paint).
  8. Students are not to wear:
  9. Jewelry or trinkets that are noisy and distracting; clothing that is paramilitary, obscene, dangerous, occult or gang-related; or that advertise sex, drugs, tobacco, or any product related to alcohol, tobacco, or drugs. Students may not wear suggestive or inappropriately located decorative patches, insignia, or clothing with improper advertising, pictures, slogans, or statements.
  10. Mouth grills
  11. Tattoos. Visible tattoos must be covered.
  12. Any body piercing (other than earrings for girls). Earrings are not acceptable for boys. Covering unacceptable body piercing or earrings is not permitted.
  13. Clothing that in any way would suggest disrespect for the American flag.
  14. Sweat bands, bandannas, and hats/caps/hoods inside the building.
  15. Trench coats, dusters, or excessively large jackets.
  16. Clothing that does not adequately cover the body or that has tears or rips that are higher than mid-thigh, such as:
  17. Low cut, see-through, spaghetti straps or backless dresses, or other revealing tops. Midriffs are to be covered.
  18. Sleeveless shirts for boys.

iii. Baggy/oversized pants or pants that hang on the hipbone, or unhemmed shorts.

  1. Shorts, skirts, or split skirts shorter than mid-thigh in length. Skirts should be slit no higher than mid-thigh. Leggings worn under skirts, shorts, or tops (including but not limited to shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts) do not alter this regulation.
  2. Chains or other accessories of any length or size (including wallet chains) which could be used to inflict injury upon others are not allowed.





What is the Exam Exemption Policy?

Please see Exam Exemptions in the TISD Handbook of Student Code of Conduct page 35 or you can access it at



Can I come and visit my former teachers?

Visits from alumni are welcome AFTER the instructional day is complete. Visitors much check in with a valid driver’s license and obtain a visitor’s badge. Under no circumstances will ex-students be allowed to visit during the instructional day.   


How do I add money to my student’s food account?

Money may be deposited into student accounts with cash or check in the cafeteria, or online at  You can access menus at



Can I send medication to school with my student?

Per District Policy, all medication should be given outside of school hours if possible. Only medication, which enables a student to stay in school, may be brought to school.  All medications must be brought by a parent or guardian.


How do I update my contact information? (home address, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc.)?

  •  Phone numbers and Email addresses may be updated in the Home Access Center-Refer to the Parents tab on the TMHS website for directions on updating this information. 
  • Address changes can only be updated through the Registrar Office.  Proof of residency (electric bill, gas bill) in the guardian’s name must be provided before the records will be updated.
  • Contact the Registrar Office to update emergency contact information as to who is allowed to pick-up students.
 How can I get a copy of a transcript? How much do they cost?
  • Students order transcripts in person through the Registrar Office.
  • Current students: $2 for an official transcript $1 for unofficial-Cash or Check (no credit cards)
  • Graduated or previous students: $5-Cash only
What requirements do I need to bring to enroll my child in TMHS?

Complete the online registration by visiting

  1. Proof of residency (electricity bill, gas bill, etc.) or *Affidavit of Residency
  2. Child’s Birth Certificate
  3. Child’s Social Security Card
  4. Guardian Photo ID/ Driver's License
  5. Withdrawal Form/Shot Records from previous school
  6. Unofficial Transcript or Report Card from previous school

 *IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you are new to TISD and are residing with family or friends, you MUST obtain an Affidavit of Residency.

*Please call 281.357.3100 x 2062 to schedule an appointment with our Central Office. We will not be able to register your child until you are given an Affidavit of Residency.


How do I withdraw my student?

Please contact the Registrar Office-Students may only be withdrawn by their legal guardian.