Please complete the Medication Authorization Form for the school nurse to administer medication during school hours.
Medication must be dropped off by a parent or guardian. Medication CANNOT be transported by a student to or from school.
IF it is a PRESCRIPTION medication and/or an OTC given 10 or more consecutive days, your doctor must complete and sign the middle section titled: "PHYSICIANS: PLEASE WRITE ORDER FOR SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION" AND a parent/guardian must sign the lowest boxes.
IF it is an OVER THE COUNTER (OTC) medication, only a parent must sign.
Please note these important points:
- Only Health Care Providers with Prescription Authority in Texas can prescribe medications and treatments.
- The following medications require an order from a Health Provider with Prescribing Authority in Texas include:
- All prescription medication
- Non-prescription medication given more than 10 consecutive days
- Non-prescription medication when dosage is more than dosage on container
- Changes in the administration of prescription drugs including dose and time must be in writing from the physician. Discontinuance must be in writing from the parent/guardian and/or physician.
- Changes in the administration of non-prescription medications must be in writing from the parent/guardian and/or physician.
- Medication orders are valid only for the current school year.
- Only those medicines appropriate for that age child will be administered.
- Medications from foreign countries will not be accepted or administered by the school nurse or the principal's designee