The purpose of the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program, commonly referred to as “Junior ROTC,” is to instill a value of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment. It does not seek any particular commitment to the military.
MISSION OF MARINE CORPS JUNIOR ROTC
1. Develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. Develop leadership skills.
3. Strengthen character.
4. Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
5. Help form habits of self-discipline.
6. Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.