Scholarship Bulletin & Tips
Students may begin applying for scholarships at any point in their high school career. However, the majority of scholarships available are for graduating seniors. Follow the tips below to help you get started on your scholarship search.
The scholarship bulletin below will be updated periodically throughout the year.
- Popular Scholarship Myths
- Set up a separate email address specifically for scholarship searches.
- Create a profile with scholarship search websites like the ones listed below.
- Apply for all scholarships for which you are eligible!
- Be proactive and stick to deadlines - plan to submit scholarship applications early!
- Follow directions closely!
- Keep a list of scholarships you apply for and any offers you receive.
- Students who receive scholarship offers will be invited to attend our Senior Awards Ceremony in May.
- Check with each of your intended colleges for their scholarships process and deadlines. For example, some colleges consider students for scholarships through their admissions application. Others may have a separate application.
- Seniors, be sure to look at the Local Scholarships page for scholarships specifically for TMHS seniors!
- Once you win a scholarship, be sure to write the scholarship organization a thank you letter! See some examples HERE.