SAT/ACT Test Dates and Resources
The SAT and the ACT are exams colleges use for admission and placement. Colleges will accept both with no preference. We recommend that students try both tests to see if they have a preference or if they perform better on one over another.
See the concordance link below and the pdf. on the right "SAT vs. ACT".
Students may begin to take these tests as early as they want. However, students may choose to wait to start taking the SAT after they receive their PSAT results late in December/early January of their junior and sophomore years, so that they can use those results to guide their preparation for upcoming SAT administrations.
Seniors who have not already taken the SAT/ACT their junior year may choose to take the earliest exams offered in the fall of their senior year to ensure they meet college application deadlines.
SAT & ACT Testing Dates for 2019-2020
TMHS School Code 447044
**If you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, you may receive two testing fee waivers per test. You will also receive college application waivers. Please see Mrs. Phelan to get your waiver.**
2019-2020 SAT Test Dates
Create an account at register at: www.collegeboard.org
**Offered at THS
SAT fee (w/essay) $64.50 SAT fee (w/o essay) $49.50
Late fee $30 Date/Test Center Change Fee $30 Waitlist Fee $53
Additional score reports $12 *(4 FREE score reports available during registration and up to nine days after the test date; any reports requested above the 4 free require an additional fee)*
2019-2020 ACT Dates
Create an account and register at: www.actstudent.org
**Offered at THS
ACT + writing $67 ACT Fee (no writing) $50.50 Late Fee $30
Date Change $30 Test Center Change Fee $30 Standby Fee $53
Additional score reports $13 *(4 FREE score reports available during registration; any reports requested above the 4 free require an additional fee)*
SAT/ACT Registration Guide
- Be sure to write down your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
- Many students already have a SAT (College Board) account created during PSAT or AP testing. Do not create another account!
- Call the College Board Help Desk – 1(866)756-7346 to help you log in.
- Double check the date and test location. TMHS is not a test center. However, most CFISD and KISD high schools are test centers. You will find this information when you register.
Selective University Requirements
Be aware that some selective universities require Subject Tests, and some allow ACT scores to take the place of this requirement for admission. Be sure to research the admission requirements for each of your intended schools. For more information about Subject Tests, go to SATSubjectTests.org.
Photo Requirement for SAT/ACT
A digital photo must be submitted as an enhanced security feature. Please see the registration sites for acceptable photo requirements.
If you are eligible for free/reduced lunch, you are eligible for 2 fee waivers for the SAT and ACT.
You will also be eligible for college application waivers if you use a testing fee waiver. See Mrs. Phelan in the College & Career Center
for a fee waiver.
- Send your scores to 4 colleges for free. You will have to pay to send them with your applications later. Be smart… save $$$!
- If you are planning to play a sport in college, don’t forget to register with the NCAA (eligibilitycenter.org) and send at least one test score to 9999 (NCAA).