- Get organized and establish good study habits
- Create a SMART Goal in Naviance
- Set the pace for your academic profile by make the highest grades possible
- Get involved - explore your interests through clubs, organizations, and volunteering
- Start building your resume in Naviance
- Enter your service hours in x2VOL
- Complete Strengths Explorer in Naviance and choose favorite career clusters
- Optional - take the PSAT in October
- Course selection - consider taking advanced classes if you didn't take them this year
- Reflect on your accomplishments for the year and evaluate your SMART Goal
November is GenTX Month – a statewide initiative to get students thinking about their post-secondary options with a special emphasis on seniors submitting their college and financial aid applications. Underclassmen can participate by completing tasks in Naviance for a chance to spin the Prize Wheel!
Prize Wheel Prizes include $5 gift cards to various restaurants like Starbucks and Whataburger or a prize from the mystery bag!
9th Grade Tasks
- Complete the Career Cluster Finder under the Careers tab.
- Review your results and choose at least one career cluster to "favorite."
- Create a SMART Goal under the My Planner tab.
- Build your resume found under About Me >> My Stuff. Add at least one activity you participate in. If you don’t have any activities, you can complete the education section.
Once you complete these tasks, complete THIS form.