Welcome to your freshman year! This is the year that sets the pace for your upcoming four years in high school. This is a time to explore and discover who you are. Take advantage of all the opportunities and make the most of this year!
Join the Class of 2025 Google Classroom for more resources - Join Code ohv5ksh
- Get organized and establish good study habits.
- Create a SMART goal.
- Set the pace for your academic profile by making the highest grades possible.
- Get involved - explore your interests through clubs, organizations, and volunteering - Click HERE for a list of clubs. Be sure to check when you need to sign up. Some clubs accept members only at the beginning of the school year.
- Start building your resume. Click HERE and make a copy to help you document your activities in the format college and scholarship applications will request.
- Track your service hours. Click HERE for service cord guidelines. More information is coming soon!
- Take a career assessment to start narrowing your career interests - click HERE.
- Take the PSAT in October. It is optional for 9th graders. There are a limited number of tests available. Check the Weekly Wildcat for more information.
- The PSAT is given to all 10th/11th grade students. Students can earn College Board recognitions during these administrations that can help students gain access to selective universities and scholarships. Click HERE for more information.
- Review your PSAT scores from 8th grade and connect your test to Khan Academy to start studying. The more you study now the less you will need to cram later. Click HERE to access your PSAT scores in the College Board.
- Course selection - consider taking advanced classes if you didn't take them this year. Advanced courses give you quality points that can give you a GPA advantage.
- Continue to add your activities to your resume.
- Reflect on your accomplishments for the year and evaluate your SMART Goal