TAMU Summer Training in Agriculture & Related Sciences (STARS) Enrichment Camp
Summer Training in Agriculture and Related Sciences (STARS) enrichment camp will be hosted on June 19-21, 2019 at Texas A&M University. STARS is a free, three-day summer enrichment camp. STARS camp targets current freshman, sophomore, and junior students with outstanding academics from local high schools. These students should have a passion for pursing degrees in the areas of biological sciences, animal and plant sciences, communication, agribusiness, agricultural engineering, forensics, nutrition, food science, etc.; and are looking to join the Texas A&M family. To view a complete list of majors in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, please visit https://aglifesciences.tamu.edu/ .
Students accepted into the program will get the opportunity to:
- Explore different majors within the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Meet current students in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Obtain career advice in science-based fields
- Participate in hands on learning opportunities
- Stay on-campus in a residence hall
The application is due by May 13th at 5pm. To access click here: https://tamuag.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3L9W1sgwDMMcYD3
Students will be asked to provide the following information on the application:
- Participant information
- Academic background (class rank, grade point average, grades in math, science and English, etc.)
- ACT and SAT test scores (if applicable)
- Organization, extracurricular activities, internship or employment
- Three open ended questions
- Please describe your career interests and future plans. Include why you chose that career pathway.
- What are you hoping to gain from attending STARS camp?
- Tell us about yourself (interests, unique opportunities, challenges, talents, etc.)
It is recommended that students include quality responses as the open-ended questions will be used to determine selection of students.
For any additional questions please contact the camp coordinator Geraldine Santana-Cook at Geraldine.Santana@ag.tamu.edu